A big welcome to our day-by-day article on compostable Nespresso-compatible pods. You can find a lot of intriguing facts, so we hope. Other educational websites on natural coffee pods are e.g. from leading media publishers, or Moving Beans. Do go through our related blog on compostable Nespresso-compatible pods.
Next time you are at your favorite coffeehouse and someone captures your eye, here are 10 intriguing coffee truths that you can use to break the ice:
1) Coffee is thought to be an aphrodisiac. Since it includes a high dosage of caffeine and other different alkaloids, studies have actually shown that coffee can increase stamina and the total length of ... hm ... intimate sessions.
2) Although coffee has actually been a part of the Arab culture for countless years, it did not enter into the western world until the 1500s. Prior to that time, priests believed that coffee was a drink of the devil. Yes, devil! Pope Clement VIII lastly ended this line of believing by trying coffee and then offering it his true blessing.
3) Japan's official Coffee Day is October 1st. Yes, believe in it or not, there is a country, and a tea drinking nation at that, which has an official coffee day. Is that to have their nationals work more? We will never understand.
4) A single acre of coffee plants will yield near ten thousand pounds of coffee beans. There are still almost 2 thousand pounds of coffee beans once they are grated or hulled.
5) Forty-nine of the fifty states grow absolutely no coffee. The state that yields coffee beans is Hawaii. Is that to keep the sports surfers awake, we do question? You do not wish to be dozing when the Big Wave of your life is coming towards you.
6) Germany is the 2nd biggest coffee consumer worldwide. Forty-three percent of Germans add sweetener to their coffee, while just twenty-seven percent of Americans (the top consumer of coffee) make use of any sort of sweetener in their coffee. Ok, this was more about sugar than coffee but you get the idea.
7) The English word coffee is from the Latin word Coffea. Coffea is the Latin name for a genus of trees. In case you wondered, the word "genus" is a primary taxonomic classification that sits above species and below a family. Any smarter? Not sure but thank you Wikipedia.
8) Every single among the 53 countries that grows coffee is located along the equator, between the tropic of Cancer and Capricorn. That offers us a good sign on what the best coffee growing weather needs to look like.
9) On average, people who purchase their coffee from drive-through windows before work will spend around forty-five hours every year waiting in line for their coffee. That is what is called passion!
10) Petroleum is the only item that is traded more than coffee. The amount of coffee produced worldwide is close to six million metric tonnes per year.
Next time you drink coffee, or want to begin a discussion about coffee or in general, you have a couple of facts to flaunt about.
We at coffee company Moving Beans are an SME that has provided compostable Nespresso-compatible capsules for many years, with more news at the website of Moving Beans. Do browse a pertinent article on Nespresso-compatible pods. We were one of the first to provide truly plastic-free coffee pods.