Next time you are at your favorite coffee shop and somebody catches your eye, here are ten interesting coffee facts that you can utilize to break the ice:
1) Coffee is considered an aphrodisiac. Since it contains a high dosage of caffeine and other various alkaloids, studies have actually shown that coffee can increase endurance and the general length of intimate encounters.
2) Although coffee has belonged to the Arab culture for thousands of years, it did not enter into the western world till the 1500s. Before that time, priests believed that coffee was a drink of the devil. Pope Clement VIII finally ended this line of believing by trying coffee and after that providing it his blessing.
3) Japan's main Coffee Day is October 1st. Yes, believe it or not, there is a country, and a tea drinking country at that, which has an official coffee day. Is that to make their nationals work more? We will never ever know.
4) A single acre of coffee plants will yield near 10 thousand pounds of cherries. There are still practically two thousand pounds of coffee beans once they are milled or hulled.
5) Forty-nine of the fifty states grow definitely no coffee. The only state that grows coffee is Hawaii. Is that to keep the sports surfers awake, we question? You don't wish to be asleep when the biggest wave of your existence is on the horizon.
Video: Sustainable and Nespresso-compatible Pods by Moving Beans.
6) Germany is the second largest coffee customer on the planet. Forty-three percent of Germans add sweetener to their coffee, while only twenty-seven percent of Americans (the top customer of coffee) utilize any sort of sweetener in their coffee. Alright, this was more about sweetener than coffee but you understand.
7) The English word coffee is derived from the Latin word Coffea. Coffea is the Latin name for a genus of trees. If you wondered, "genus" is a principal taxonomic classification that sits above types and listed below a family. Any smarter? Not sure but thanks Wikipedia.
8) Every single among the 53 countries that grows coffee lies along the equator, in between the tropic of Cancer and Capricorn. That gives us a good sign on what the best coffee growing weather condition requires to look like.
9) On average, people who purchase their coffee from drive-through windows before work will invest around forty-five hours every single year waiting in line for their coffee. That's what we call passion!
10) Petroleum is the only product that is traded more than coffee. The quantity of coffee produced around the globe is close to six million metric tonnes per year.
The next time you consume coffee, or wish to start a discussion about coffee or in general, you have a few truths to flaunt about.
Comments will be approved before showing up.