A big welcome to our daily blog on eco-friendly coffee pods. One will discover a lot of intriguing info, so we hope. Other meaningful articles on plastic-free coffee pods are e.g. from leading media publishers, or Moving Beans. Or browse our pertinent blog on coffee pods.
Next time you are at your favorite coffeehouse and someone catches your eye, here are ten interesting coffee truths that you can utilise to start the ball rolling:
1) Coffee is considered an aphrodisiac. Studies have actually revealed that coffee can increase endurance and the total length of intimate sessions because it includes a high dosage of caffeine and other different alkaloids.
2) Although coffee has pertained to the Arab culture for thousands of years, it did not enter into the western world up until the 1500s. Before that time, priests thought that coffee was a beverage of the devil. Yes, devil! Pope Clement VIII lastly ended this line of thinking by trying coffee and after that providing it his blessing.
3) Japan's main Coffee Day is October 1st. Yes, believe it or not, there is a nation, and a heavily tea drinking country at that, which has an official coffee day. Is that to make their nationals work more? We will never ever understand.
4) One acre of coffee trees will give near 10 thousand pounds of cherries. Once they are milled or hulled, there are still nearly 2 thousand pounds of coffee beans.
5) 49 out of 50 states grow definitely no coffee. The only state that grows coffee is Hawaii. Is that to keep the sports surfers awake, we do question? You don't want to be dozing when the biggest wave of your life is on the horizon.
6) Germany is the 2nd biggest coffee customer on the planet. Forty-three percent of Germans add sweetener to their coffee, while only twenty-seven percent of Americans (the top customer of coffee) use any type of sweetener in their coffee. Alright, this was more about sugar than coffee however you understand.
7) The English word coffee is from the Latin word Coffea. Coffea is the Latin name for a genus of trees. In case you questioned, the word "genus" is a primary taxonomic classification that sits above types and listed below a family. Any smarter? Hm, thanks Wikipedia.
8) Every single one of the 53 countries that grows coffee is located along the equator, between the tropic of Cancer and Capricorn. That gives us a great indication on what the best coffee growing weather needs to appear like.
9) On average, people who purchase their coffee from drive-through windows before work will spend around 45 hours every single year waiting in line for their coffee. That is what we call enthusiasm!
10) Petroleum is the only product that is traded more than coffee. The quantity of coffee produced worldwide is close to 6 million metric tonnes per annum.
Next time you consume coffee, or want to start a conversation about coffee or in general, you have a couple of truths to flaunt about.
We at coffee company Moving Beans are an entreprise that has been providing compostable coffee capsules for a very long time, with much more news under this link. Or read an interesting blog on compostable coffee pods. We were the first to sell truly natural coffee pods.