Welcome to our day-by-day blog on compostable Nespresso-compatible pods. You will learn a lot of intriguing facts, so we hope. Other interesting websites on compostable coffee capsules are for instance from leading media publishers, or Moving Beans. In addition check out our lead article on Nespresso-compatible pods.
Next time you are at your preferred coffeehouse and somebody captures your eye, here are 10 interesting coffee facts that you can utilise to start the ball rolling:
1) Coffee is considered an aphrodisiac. Research studies have actually shown that coffee can increase endurance and the overall length of intimate sessions since it contains a high dose of caffeine and other different alkaloids.
2) Although coffee has actually belonged to the Arab culture for countless years, it did not become part of the western world until the 1500s. Prior to that time, priests thought that coffee was a beverage of the devil. Pope Clement VIII lastly ended this line of believing by taking a sip of coffee and then giving it his blessing. Amen!
3) Japan's main Coffee Day is October 1st. Yes, believe in it or not, there is a country, and a heavily tea drinking nation at that, which has an official coffee day. Is that to make their nationals work more? We will never know.
4) One acre of coffee trees can give near to 10 thousand pounds of coffee cherries. Once they are crushed or hulled, there are still practically 2 thousand pounds of coffee beans.
5) 49 out of 50 US states grow definitely no coffee. The state that grows coffee is Hawaii. Is that to keep the sports surfers awaken, we do question? When the Big Wave of your life is on the horizon, you do not desire to be asleep.
Video: Sustainable and Nespresso-compatible Pods by Moving Beans.
6) Germany is the 2nd biggest coffee customer on the planet. Forty-three percent of Germans include sweetener to their coffee, while only twenty-seven percent of Americans (the primary consumer of coffee) make use of any kind of sweetener in their coffee. Alright, this was more about sweetener than coffee but you understand.
7) The English word coffee originated from the Latin word Coffea. Coffea is the Latin name for a genus of trees. In case you questioned, "genus" is a principal taxonomic category that is above types and below a family. Any more enlightened? Hm, thank you Wikipedia.
8) Every single among the fifty-three countries that grows coffee is located along the equator, in between the tropic of Cancer and Capricorn. That gives us a great sign on what the perfect coffee growing weather condition needs to look like.
9) On average, individuals who purchase their coffee from drive-through windows before work will spend around forty-five hours every year waiting in line for their coffee. That's what we call enthusiasm!
10) Petroleum is the only item that is traded more heavily than coffee. The quantity of coffee produced around the globe is close to six million metric tonnes per annum.
The next time you drink coffee, or want to begin a conversation about coffee or in general, you have a few curiosities to flaunt about.
We at coffee company Moving Beans are an SME that has been providing compostable coffee pods for several years, with more insights under this link. In addition go through a lead blog on compostable Nespresso-compatible pods. We were one of the first to deliver truly sustainable Nespresso-compatible coffee capsules.